Civil Enginneering FAQ’s in Kent

What sort of works do Harlequin Civil Engineering Ltd undertake?

We take on Highways works for the Local Authorities where we maintain roads and repair where necessary or construct new crossings, footpaths and cycle lanes. For private clients we construct new parking areas and car parks and forecourts. We also undertake to constructing new crossovers (dropped Kerbs) and driveways (block paving, concrete, slabs or tarmac constructions) for individual customers. We also handle drainage issues, repair and installing new drainage systems and Acco Drainage and all brickwork.

Are Harlequin Civil Engineering Ltd fully insured?

We have both Public Liability and Employers Liability at £5 million cover. We are required to have extensive insurance cover in order to work for Local Authorities and Councils. A copy of our insurance certificate can be supplied upon request.

Are Harlequin Civil Engineering Ltd Accredited to the latest British Standards?

Yes, we are regularly audited by an independent company recognised by UKAS to ensure that the company operates to meet the standards as set out in ISO BS 9001.2008, which is the current standard set. This ensures that we run a professional and safe company and have procedures and processes in place so that we can offer a quality assured service. Click on the links to see our detailed policies on Health and Safety, Quality and The Environment.

Do Harlequin Civil Engineering Ltd charge to supply a quotation?

No, we are always happy to look at your enquiry via a site visit and provide you with a fully written quotation free of charge.

Do Harlequin Civil Engineering Ltd take on private jobs?

Yes, as well as taking on major works for Councils and Main Contractors, we also work in the private sector for smaller companies & individuals. As well as large constructions, we are also happy to take on Driveway work, vehicle cross-over work and drainage.